Are any of these Ford parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Are any of these Ford parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

I have a box full of vintage car parts. Are any of these Ford parts. I have no idea what they are for. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

AC speedo head bezel next to the accessory spade mount electric tail lamp - both could be for a T - that's about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

The bottom piece could be ???? a homemade accessory outside brake equalizer ???????

I'm stretching here !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

Foot feed for carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:09 pm:

Steve I dont see much equalizing but that's what I am thinking. The hub cap thing with the grease fitting could be Fordson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

Is this for sale or did you buy for yourself?
PM me if for sale....Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Warren I have never been able to send E-Mail through the club. E-Mail me @ mstewart5519@gmail.com and I will get back to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

Mark I didn't place that item very well. It is some kind of tail light? Some more items are a Carter C RJH 08, Pat 1916 & 1917 Carburetor. A Stromberg M-1 Carburetor. These are Up Draft carburetors so they wouldn't work on a Model T. Lastly is a Reme Model 626K Distributor ?. It looks like it may be from the 20's. A gear that has Bosh on it. (Magneto part??) and another Gear and linkage. Thanks for the help. Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

The Carter carburetor is like ones used on Chevrolet 6s around 1929 till 1931 (other marques as well). The Stromberg M-1 is desirable for a variety of cars circa early '20s (and would work well on a speedster). The distributor I think may be mid-'20s Studebaker based on the oil-filler and cap. Hopefully, someone may be able to pin it down to a model.
The Bosch gear is the distributor gear from a Bosch magneto. Maybe a DU4?
The tail-lamp is neat. It has an early type spade mount. A few cars that early were supplied with such a lamp. Many of those lamps were also sold as replacements for oil lamps during the '10s.

In the first picture. I think the cross-shaft is for after-market brakes for a T. I suspect it mounted on both the torque tube and the radius rods for stability (at least it should have).
I like the side-lamp brackets. But do not know what they are off of.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:52 pm:

Mark G., where do you see a hubcap thing with a grease fitting? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:09 am:

Mark: The electric spade mount tail light #2 L to R bottom photo, is probably a generic aftermarket light to convert oil tail lights to electric. It could be for T or all others. It may fit the spade mount bracket #4 L to R top photo. The 2 red brackets # 2 and 3 L to R top photo are side light brackets for early cars more than likely aftermarket also. The crescent shaped black thing below the red bracket is AC speedometer part for model T. The carbs could be model T accy. The Carter is probably GM or ?? but the Stromberg could be T. There were lots of updraft carbs made for model Ts to fit special updraft manifolds that came with the carbs when new. Look at a Langs catalog, they have a Winfield style repro updraft manifold for sale. Most other T aftermarket carb manufactures copied Winfields style of manifold for there carbs. (or Winfield copied them ???) The main thing to look for is the size of the butterfly and throat opening. They are useally the same size as a T carb if they fit a T. The other thing is a lot of the aftermarket carbs will have a "F" in the part or model # if it was for a ford. Not always but it is a good indicator. The throttle pedal in the top photo second row on right side is V8 Ford. They had a oval "spoon" style pedal and there were some rectangle shaped ones like yours. Not sure what years the different shapes fit. The last item is #1 in top photo. Not for sure but it may be from a model T to stationary engine conversion. I have seen a similar part used to hold the low speed pedal in "low" position while using the engine for "belt" work. I am only guessing on that part. The other parts I do not know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:00 am:

David, I didn't, it's the tail light shown in the 2ed photo. That's why he showed it again in the 2ed photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:36 am:

Not sure, but methinks that foot feed is for a model A. May be some other A parts in that pic also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:50 am:

No parts shown are For the Model A. The foot feed looks similar to 32 up Fords.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration