1926 2 door sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926 2 door sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

I just got through looking at the Austin Tex. craigslist site and ran across a real barn find 26 2 door sedan.
If you check out the many pics you can see this is a very nice original 26 that has been out of the weather and in great shape. It has a Ruxtell.
For somebody wanting a T that's original and untouched this is it. Would make a nice original driver. It seems to be a complete car.
I would buy it but I already have 3 and don't have the room.
Don't know the owner and have no interest in it other than seeing a T guy buy this instead of a hot rodder.
Its listed as a 1926 model T tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:18 am:

John, What section of Austin Craigslist? Auto? Antiques? Collectables? What day? Can't find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:26 am:

Found it. Hey Ken Kopsky, Its down in your area at Pleasanton!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 01:55 am:

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4337486471.html
Lots of aftermarket accessories but no nickel plated radiator shroud from Ford on this Tudor. Was it only the Fordors that got them early in '26? Black paint suggests early 26 production but not really early since it has a rod between the headlamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:06 am:

I would bet someone painted the nickel shell when they brush painted the rest of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:08 am:

Something about that radiator doesn't look right. I'll bet the shell was replaced with the radiator at some point. The car was probably painted black at the factory on request to match the existing fleet of their cars. By the looks of the fender tie bar, you can probably figure it is after May/June of '26 production. What is that fourth pedal on the floor? I can't see the rear hubs clearly to notice if it has "Rockies".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:21 am:

I didn't see anything resembling "Rockies" on it the drums are too small...but it would be a fun project (always liked sedans :-))...wish I could afford it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:23 am:

Fulton accelerator pedal. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:30 am:

When searching Craig's List I just click on "For Sale", enter "Model T" in search box and select "Title". Brings up all the T listings and a few non T items but covers all the catagories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Thanks Roger for listing the craigslist listing!
I hope more guys will see this now.
I did call the owner and he told me he bought it from the previous owner who had owned it since 1940.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:30 am:

I wonder where the car spent most of its life before the present owner bought it? There are plenty of places North and West of San Antonio where a Ruxtell would be useful, if not necessary, but the area South of San Antonio is flat enough that they put signs in the ditches to tell water which way to flow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:33 am:

I called him too John since he isn't too far away. Said he bought it from the owner's son in PA, pd. $700 to transport it to Pleasanton and now is asking $8500 for the T. I told him thanks but its a little out of my financial jurisdiction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:39 am:

My 26 Tudor is a cleaned up/fresh drive train, original interior version of this car and it does have the nickel radiator shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Yeah, my '26 tudor also has a real good original nickel radiator shell too. Looking at one of the Craig's List pictures in the ad Roger gave us; I thought the tudor has the '27 headlamp bar. Have I been incorrect in thinking Ford mounted his '26 headlamps on the fenders and two or three aftermarket firms offered the bar that mounted on the fender and the Ford headlamps used the same 2 carriage bolts to fasten? Perhaps it was later on in '26 production that Ford introduced the headlamp bar as in the picture in this thread. This would require a totally different headlamp. . . . right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

My original California barn find fordor, made in March of 26 had the factory headlamp bar. I have an NOS aftermarket bar that I'll bring to Chickasha, if anyone's looking for one.m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 03:46 pm:

Yes, George. The headlamps are different for late '26 and '27. They are adjustable by loosening the nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

It is WRONG that late 26 cars didn't or couldn't have come with bar mounted headlights. Check the MTFCA Encyclopedia for the correct information!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Regarding the headlights and bar. On our Canadian sourced cars it is my observation that the early cars came with a built in mounting and stalk. The light end of the stork was similar to the previous production and the fender end had an oval foot to match the indent in the fender. These light could only be oriented by bending the stalk as previously.

At some stage a bar was introduced which had an oval foot on each end. The lights mentioned above were bolted through this oval foot, the bar being sandwiched between the light and fender.

Then came the later bar with the two holes and the lights with the different foot, which enabled the adjustment without any bending.

Am I right in these observations, or is there a suggestion that the first type of bar was an aftermarket accessory?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:10 pm:

Allen, from my limited knowledge, you've "nailed it".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

Early 26 Mounted on fenders only.
Mid 26 bar mounted to fender with head on bar at fender.
Late 26 thru all of 27 light mounted on the bar.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration