Pay attention to what you buy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Pay attention to what you buy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

Recently I was thinking I might need to buy some new thrust plates for a rear axle. Today I wanted to take a cherry picker from my shop over to the barn to move a heavy object. The Suburban is still full of stuff I bought at a Labor Day auction, so I just dropped the tail gate and laid the cherry picker on it. When I drove to the barn I heard something in back fall over. When I looked I found that a box had tipped over, and among the stuff that spilled out were seven thrust plates, used but good as new. I'm going to empty out that vehicle and see what else I bought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

Steve,

To bad you weren't thinking you needed to buy some gold coins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:04 am:

Steve
You did it wrong, you cannot find the parts you need until AFTER you buy the new ones. This is a clear violation of the Peter Principle :-)

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Yeah Steve...Bill is correct.

Nothing more fun than having several T's in various states of affair...ordering new parts...extras even...and when you go to put the experts away you find you already had a near lifetime supply :-):-)

Don't tell anyone else...shhh...but...I think it is a sign that you have arrived! Arrived where I haven't figured out yet...but I sure know the feeling of placing new parts right next to other new or near-new parts :-):-) Makes you want to go out and get another T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 04:17 am:

He does not need to get another T he has about 8 cars worth of parts plus spares.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 04:43 am:

Kep...I know...that's why I said what I said...:-)

I have the same problem...they apparently hide behind the shed and I think they do the deed when no one is looking, because others grow...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:12 am:

Every time I garage sale old heavy duty file cabinets are bought for five or ten dollars. With thirty or more labeled it makes it easy to lay your hand on T parts or tools that munchkins seem to hide in my old age!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:35 am:

My problem is the same but slightly different. I am absolutely sure I bought something new for my car but I can't find it because I really need a bigger toy box. I have antique parts everywhere but unsorted. Parts for Fun Projects stuff is all computerized inventory and I know exactly how many and where they are but stuff I buy at swap meets vaporizes when I get home. One thing I have finally learned however is to never start taking anything apart that I do not plan on completely restoring at the time. Trying to put something back together 5 years later is impossible with parts all elsewhere now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:18 pm:

Yesterday at a swap meet in Astoria I bought a Stanley plane for 10.00 later that day sold it for 150.00. Bought an end load large nice blast cabinet with both sides having gloves to work through for 50.00 No file cabinets though!

Agree with you John but if something is taken apart and not finished its bagged and filed. Brain dead as I am all parts can be found some times with pictures while taken apart. With about 120 large labeled drawers its easy.

Some times you wait for a year for a parts to finish a project.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration