Old Photo - Bundled Up For The Cold In A Brass Era Touring Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Bundled Up For The Cold In A Brass Era Touring Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Late 1912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

why late 1912?

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 02:31 am:

Why is this a late 1912? This car has the earlier outside rear door handles. Wouldn't that make this car be no later than May 1912 build?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 06:00 am:

I understood that the earlier 12 models had the step side like the 1911 bodies. The later ones had the plain sides like his one. Hence this one is a late [r] 1912.

I could be way off track!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:32 am:

1913 Model year began in September 1912. May is rather late in the model year. The car could be as early as January 1912 I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:00 am:

A rough, simple progression (without details like dipped front doors, then straight front doors etc.) is the stepped body, smooth body with external rear door handles & then the later smooth body with internal rear door handles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:16 am:

My touring looks like this one and is a late 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

No wonder it's late, He had to wait on three women!

(boy I'll get my ears boxed over this comment)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

Another one where I get confused because here is Australia we use a calendar year and not the US model version. To me May us in the first half of the year before December!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 06:48 pm:

Well, okay mid-1912.

After the very early step-side bodies, but before the inside only door latches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:32 pm:

The "upside down" horn on this car is late. Assuming of course , its not a replacement horn...

My touring does not have the brass handles and is 141607,which is either july or august.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

My 12 is a late one and it is identical except for the outside door handles. My car has the handles on the inside. There were quite a few variations over the 1912 model year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration