Old Photo - Brass Era - Taking The Kids Out For A Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era - Taking The Kids Out For A Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 01:28 am:

1913 with Prestolite tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:36 am:

This is where the idea for using a Model T to go get ice cream came from. And it all started with one sentence from Mom on the front porch... "Get those darn kids out of here so I can relax a little while, take them for ice cream or something!"

Nice car photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:46 am:

That can't be dad driving. Looks way too young

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:00 am:

Oldest son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:04 am:

Sure see a lot of low tires in these old pictures.
Thanks for posting them Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:22 am:

Ya know Bob, you're right. It does seem that there are a lot of soft tires in these old photos. I wonder if it was just carelessness or if maybe folks kept them low on purpose for a smoother ride. Of course, I guess a third possibility is that it was a lot of work to pump them up by hand so it didn't always get done when it was needed and 'free" compressed air was scarce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:08 am:

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Henry. If I had to use a hand pump on my car tires all the time, I'd probably let them go longer before topping off the pressure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:24 pm:

Could be the theory was that they "floated" better in loose sand too. If I recall correctly, my Dad mentioned that his Pa did this on a trip between Falfurias & San Antonio, TX back in 1922.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration