No connection to this 12 on craigs list

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: No connection to this 12 on craigs list
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/4364483266.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:47 pm:

I remember that car well. Mel worked on it for a long time. I've always wondered where it went. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:12 am:

Thats less than a new truck, and ten times the fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:40 am:

Wow I'd love to have that one, too bad its so dang far away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Too bad I am so broke! (I am really feeling the need for an earlier brass Ford)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:31 pm:

I believe if I look back a few years in my club magazines I'd be able to find an article about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:35 pm:

I keep thinking that I would like to have a early model T. I currently have a 28 model A open cab pickup.
What am I looking at when it comes to price for an original drivable brass T by years? I am probably looking at the 1914-16 years. $29,000 Is about $10,000 more than I am willing to pay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:15 am:

John, sent you a PM.

Mike, if you find what mag it was featured in, pls. let me know. I'm interested in this car, but for now a guy is "ahead of me", but who knows what fate has in store for us!

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:24 am:

A friend of mine worked on this car and knew Mel well. If anyone would like to contact him to ask about the car when Mel restored it, send me an email and I'll give you his email address.

Good luck,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:21 am:

John E Cox:

Generally the older the car the more desirable and fewer made, thus higher priced. There are lots of 1914 Model T's that survived, due to a long model year and decent survival rates. You can find a decent ready to use 1914 touring or torpedo runabout in the $12,000 - $20,000 range. A perfect one might be worth $25,000 or more.

Any mostly correct 1912 that is less than $30,000 and usable is a pretty decent deal. These cars were built before the assembly line and the parts are hard to find, expensive, and time consuming to restore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:51 pm:

John,
I just purchased a completely restored 1914 touring in SoCal for $17,500 (generally a higher priced area). Obviously not original with front to back total restoration, but all stock with new upholstery, top, paint, wheels, new BrassWorks radiator, and added Rocky Mtn brakes. Body restored by Ray Wells. Runs and drives great! Just for what it's worth. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Brass Model T production:

This is why the prices get so much higher the further back you go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:10 pm:

I'm glad he has the fore-doors for it.
Too bad they are not restored and on the car like they should be.

I agree, the price is not that far off. I wish there were more pictures available.

: ^ )

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration