OT Daylight Savings Time....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Daylight Savings Time....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:20 pm:

Awww crap, the hour we lose this weekend was the hour I was going to the gym...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:29 pm:

Yeah, that was the hour I was going to clean the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:32 pm:

I turned the clocks back last night so I only loose a half hour a day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Crap is right. A already did what I shoulda skipped due to the hour loss, so now I'll need to give up something I don't want to give up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:54 pm:

Last fall I turned the clock back too far and a beat up Model T showed up in my driveway.
I suppose it's gonna disappear tonight, huh?
Just when I was getting attached to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

We don't change our clocks here in Arizona and I never know how many hours to add or subtract to tell what time it is in the civilized world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

Hey Don, the time change will give you another hour of daylight in the evening to scrounge for firewood to keep the shop warm. Spring is getting closer, this week I saw a Robin and a couple tourists here along the lakeshore. JD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:54 am:

I dont see the need in it.I just got all 5 clocks in my shop set right last week after a power outage.
1 is up high and I cant use a ladder so I have to get someone else to do it.
I would like to see the idea ditched and if someone wants to do something a hour early,then change their sign or work schedule.
I stayed up and listened to WSM tonight playing Earnest Tub and some other good music and still awake.I wont be worth a hoot later this morning.:>0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:44 pm:

Mack, shops should not have clocks. I dream about the day when I can go out to the shop and stay there until I'm tired, hungry, or just need to remove a layer of grease off me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 05:00 pm:

Mack - I feel like you do as it's just a nuisance to me, however, as I understand it, there really is at least one reason. I guess one difference that daylight savings time makes is in the area of safety with kids having to go to school in the pitch dark in the morning a lot less with DST. And before you say,....".well, a lot of us went to school according to standard time when we were kids and we're still here". Yeah, that's true, but we live in a different society today, and I'd like to be a lot younger than 72, but on the other hand, I'm sure glad to be through raising kids! Now G'ma & I only have to worry about 16 grand kids and 8 great grand kids. I guess that's one reason why the kids (especially the little guys in grade school) going to school in the dark in the morning occurs to me,......FWIW,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 05:08 pm:

John - I finally reached that point when I retired 12 years ago, and I hate to tell you this, but by the time you get to that point you mentioned when you can stay in the shop and work as long as you want, your ol' body just might not want to keep working in the shop quite as long as you do now! Trust me on that one,....in fact,.....speaking of "old bodies" (sorry Stan) you've got a buddy there pretty close that I think will back me up on this one! Just ask ol' "Unca' Stan" howscome he takes all those cookie and coffee breaks that he mentions! Ha,ha,.....harold

P.S. See you guys at Chickasha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

That is why there is cookies,and snacks and drinks in here.Yep,I am in my shop in the old recliner now.
I have a recliner by the wood heater.Breaks are just a step over to a differnt spot in the shop.And no,you cant work all the time.Body cant take it.
I had a booboo yesterday,fell off the golf cart and landed on my left side.Had to hold the brake pedal and hollar for a friend that happened to be here to come hold the brakes while I got up.They said I was twisted up like a pretzel.And it feels like it today! :>P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:15 am:

Clocks are ornaments. Calendars are 12 pretty pictures with a bunch of useless numbers at the bottom. Trying to convince my bosses of this has been problematic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:29 am:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/florida/2014/03/07/florida-consid ers-daylight-saving-time-year-round/6157163/
Keep your fingers crossed maybe we can start a trend

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration