If you want a New day timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: If you want a New day timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:33 pm:

I think this is one of the good ones ;o)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Vintage-Ford-Model-T-New-Day-Timer/141208349644?_trk sid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222008%26algo%3DSIC.MOTORS%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D5351405994154122287%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D201310 03132420%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D181344820683&rt=nc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

About a year ago Lang's had one of the NOS New Day that I just happened to see in the close out section, no box, no brush. Lets just say I payed way, way, way less than that one. On the flip side have bought a few in the last year in the $50 range for good used ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 09:19 pm:

Where was that buyer when I had mine to sell? That is crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:24 pm:

I bought half a dozen several years ago and used two or three of them and sold the rest for about $20 apiece, thought I'd cut a fat hog on the money. Guess I should have kept them.

Ebay is strange. Some guys in San Francisco snagged a photo of one of the carbs out of my collection off my web site, put it on an ebay listing with a similar but not correct for Model T carb, no manifold and sold a ratty Rayfield carb with missing parts -- that would ordinarily be a 50-75 buck carb -- for $305 and a dime. I have a new old stock one with a correct manifold that I should have listed on ebay after they refused to take my photo off their listing. I've have been pretty happy with not much more than that for a correct manifold & a new old stock carb that was ready to bolt on and run. I've sold stuff on ebay for big bucks and given good stuff away. It's crap shoot for the most part. I guess a lot of times it's two guys get into a bidding war but this carb sold to a guy who hadn't bid before. Who knows? Strange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

I bought a 26 Roadster last summer and noticed the timer looked different. I saw the ebay sale and I have an original brown New Day timer on on the Roadster. Anyone have any literature on them? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

OMG !!!! I just checked and it sold for $154 plus $9 shipping for a total of $163 !!

Could that be a record for a New Day ? I mean it looked like a nice original timer, but $163 ?

Maybe that box was worth more than I figured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

A month ago at the Wichita swap meet I bought a pair for $3. Shop around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:55 pm:

Pat, if you do a Google search of MTFCA you'll find long discussions about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:20 am:

Anybody want an original box for $100. I'll keep the timer. Or for $154 I'll sell you one with a better box. I'm sure I have a NOS one in my timer collection. Wow!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:03 am:

That's just plain nuts! You can get a nice quality, rather, great quality from TW Components, heck it looks exactly like the New Day, and works just as well. I have one on my '15. Altho haven't run it much prior to pulling engine for rebuild, it looks very promising. Try one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:23 am:

I guess its being at the right place at the right time. Last year I bought 3 nice original New Days at Chickasha and one had an almost new brush with it for 20.00.
The guy had a box of timers and several were New Days. I left the rest and now I wish I would have bought the rest. I bought the best ones and the rest had a little wear but could have been used with a little clean up.
That was on the last day and nobody was interested but me I guess. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:30 am:

And by the way I still cant figure out why nobody is reproducing the New Day timer with good materials like the originals.
There may be some that are making something close to the quality of the originals and maybe I haven't seen one.
With all of the roller timers being reproduced and the development that goes in them the same could be done with the New Day. But what do I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:33 am:

Good question John!

The need is there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration