Old Photo - Tractor Conversion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Tractor Conversion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 11:59 pm:

Looks like a Fond Du Lac conversion.
Has the internal bull gear inside the rear wheels.
I have one like it.
An old farmer told me...looks like the bull gear jumped the heifer shaft.
I think that happened to mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

Sheeesh,.....some guys just hafta' get sex into everything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

I'm not too old!
How about you, Harold?
Missed you at the meeting a week ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

I've never seen a tractor conversion and was wondering how they got the front suspension up so high? Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Don,
Mine has the front axle narrowed and some pieces of 1/2" plate bolted from the front crossmember to the axle with a pivot for uneven ground.
No spring and it's a little higher than original.
I can post a pic if it would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:50 pm:

Some turned the front axle up-side-down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:40 am:

You can see the front axle in this shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:06 am:

Don,

Narrowing the axle was one method of raising (see my profile pick - that's my '25 Shaw conversion kit - and you'll see what I mean about narrowing/raising). I have'21/'27 doodlebug I am currently working on that has a single-point, pivot front end mount (no leaf springs). The pivot point was made especially tall to increase clearance.

Bob,

Have emailed you about yours and I know you and your grandkids have plans for her - BUT, should those plans ever change.....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration