26 coupe body Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26 coupe body Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:44 pm:

this is the inside of this coupe 26,is the floor correct ? also what are the holes for on the outside of the wood floor..
thank you ..Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:36 am:

Hi Lorenzo, I have the same holes in my 27 Coupe sub-frame. My guess is that the sub frame could be used on the Tudor's too !! Perhaps other bracketry could be mounted at those pilot holes for other body type applications. As far as the floor is concerned, I did not have the original flooring, so I had to defer to Howell's sheet metal and their catalog showed half the opening covered with a sheet metal piece. I ended up fabricating a wood plywood cover to go over the battery hole. I believe your wood slats are "similar" to original, but maybe not totally covering the opening. Hope that helps. W

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

Wane Is that a coupe in the pic?? I did the same ,I ordered the metal,this seems correct thank you for your help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:22 am:

Yes...it is a coupe...take a look at my profile pic.

W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:51 am:

The coupe floor pan that Howell's makes, is correct for 1926 coupes. The 27 coupe's floor is slightly different. I found this out when I tried to install their floor pan in my 27. Along with their rear spring hump being fabricated instead of die stamped, their were other differences. When I contacted them, they were unaware of any difference. They said that this was the way that they had always made them. I'm going to contact them and see if they are going to be at Chickasha. If so, I'm taking them my old floor that I removed so they'll have a pattern for the 27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:03 am:

Terry Howells is always there, and that is good that you will give them the correct pattern for the 27, they need all the help they can get

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

There are actually 3 variations of the 26-27 coupe regarding the battery trap door and floor in that area. I don't know the details on the metal pieces but here is the info on the battery trap door.

August 1925 - March 1926 used a trap door which was 17-1/2" long. I assume there was a metal panel across the rest of the width of the body.

March 1926 - June 1926 used a trap door which was 37-3/4" long. This is the one which goes all the way across the body.

June 1926 - August 1927 used a trap door which was 22-13/16" long. Again - I assume that there was a metal panel making up the rest of the width.

What Howells needs to do is to actually do some research. They need to pull the documentation and actually understand what it is they are making. "That's the way we always made them" is not an acceptable answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

This is a 26 coupe I'm restoring..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Pleiness on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:25 pm:

I have the same floor in my 26, it is correct, I would keep it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration