TYABB AIR SHOW - oh yeah - car show too !!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TYABB AIR SHOW - oh yeah - car show too !!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:32 am:

100 years of Tyabb, a small Victorian Country town air strip out in the middle of the Mornington Peninsula, - wow what a great day, plenty of planes, plenty of cars, plenty of people and bloody HOT.
Pics below of the cars, planes and some of the many many people who came to watch both.

these two were very very close

MUSTANG, HURRICANE and SPITFIRE

poor thing had troubles starting all day

all ways one jumps into the perfect pic !!

lucky last

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:03 am:

just a small part of the good sized crowd.

Just like a mini OSHKOSH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:04 am:

Thanks David. If I had realised that it was to be as good as your pictures show, I would have made the effort to go today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 05:07 am:

I have no idea what happened to the FA18 ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:19 am:

Was a great day out, managed to get there and back without any issues. Good to meet a few more Davids with model T's :-)

The FA18 was the 2nd last show of the day, I think you guys had left by then. It did 10 or so passes then came back for a few in formation with a Mustang.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 08:39 am:

WOW! Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

How fast does that trailer go with that engine mounted on it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

Trailer mounted Rolls Royce Merlin V 12 engine ( Spitfire, Mustang, Hurricane and other too l guess ), my understanding is that insurance regulations prevent the engine from being fired up at shows, because it has a partial prop on it.... It all sounds like more red tape Bulls...t to me, l'd love to see that monster fire up..
a couple more pics from the 186 l took yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

one more camera fluke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 04:32 am:

Pretty sure these three were Harvard's, 1 x US, 1 x AUST and 1 x New Zealand air force markings, l am positive that that is a kiwi on the last.
Thanks to the Tyabb Airfield airshow organizers for inviting us down to help with the cars and veteran personnel commemorative drive past.
We thank them all past and present for their continued great work in making all our lives just that little more free.
It was a great fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 06:42 am:

Wonderful photos! What a delightful thread!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:29 am:

The chap pictured with the black shirt and glasses owns the mustard colored 16' Touring. Sadly wee farewelled his wife at a memorial service only two weeks ago. She was lost to cancer. Fantastic to see Ivor enjoying a day out with his grandchildren. Connie is sure to be watching from above!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 04:43 pm:

more pics.

my personal favorite, wow he threw this pitts around like a rag doll.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Wonderful pictures, thanks for posting them

Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

Yes, thank you for sharing such a wonderful day!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:31 pm:

David - great photos!

The V-formation showing (top to bottom) Spitfire (very rare Mk IIX), P40, ???, P40 and P51 Mustang. I think the front one is a CAC (Commonwealth Aircraft Co) Boomerang. If you have more photos of that I bet our US friends would be interested to see it - these were designed and built el fasto when the Japs entered the war - they are basically a DC3 engine with wings and a pilot sitting on top! They are a very, very impressive little aeroplane.

Best wishes,
John Stokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

John, sorry for the delay, more detail on that other plane -
pics below.

David.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration