What year is this ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What year is this ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:53 am:

T in Ottawa Ont

found this one on a site called lost ottawa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:08 am:

The Model T runabout is no older than 1919.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:45 am:

And not newer than '23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

The picture says it's a 2009!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:01 pm:

I hear talking movies are coming soon to Ottawa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

I see a truss rod for the running board brackets which would make it '21 or earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

Good eye, Rich. We're zeroing in on a date.

Note the wide portion of the front fender, just ahead of the running board. When did that start? Were '17's and 18's like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:51 pm:

That car looks exactly like my 1919 and I think that is the year because the paint is already dull and it has a 1920 licence plate. Interesting that the correct year top appears to have a roll up window. I thought only much earlier cars had that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

One of the earliest tire carriers was round .About 1920

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 07:03 pm:

Electric tail lamp with a spare tire carrier, yet it has kerosene side lamps. Hmmmm.

I can also tell you with some certainly that it has a Zenith carburetor.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

The top saddles definitely prove it's a Canadian car. What about the tire carrier? The top of it leans towards the car instead of leaning away and it looks like it is attached to the trunk in some strange manner. I would think the carrier was an add on but, who would do that and not add a tire whereas we know that is the way the factory did it, at least on American cars. Any tire carrier experts here that know better? I still say 1919. It absolutely has 1920 plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 08:41 pm:

If anything it looks like the license plate has a 21 in the upper left corner. Shawn may be able to get more detail off of the original image.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

When I restored my 1919 Runabout I looked for 2-3 years for the round tire carrier like the one pictured. I never found one so I finally used the later common version for it.
The fenders for the 17-22 low cowl black cars don't have the lip below the headlight. Other than that they are pretty much alike the later 23-25 front fenders as I remember.
I was told that the fender mounting brackets on the 17-19 (the ones under the crown of the fender were made a little different. Not sure about that but the fender irons will fit both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

Those license plates are 1920 Ontario plates. 1912 to 1920 Ontario plates do not have raised letters or a border around them. They are plain, flat steel and the markings are screen printed. They all have an Ontario coat of arms and the date to one side. If you look here, you will see that the coat of arms and date area have a dark background except for 1920. It is the only year to be one colour across the whole plate, white like the Zenith Carb sign on the car. Look at 1921, totally different font, raised letters and a border too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration