RIP William Clay Ford at 88

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: RIP William Clay Ford at 88
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

Henry's last grandson:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/09/lions-owner-william-clay-ford-sr -dies-at-88/related/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:57 pm:

William Clay Ford was the youngest son of Edsel and Josephine Ford. With his brothers Benson and Henry II he turned Ford around beginning in the immediate postwar years.

With his grandmother:

Henry with William Clay:

William with his parents and brothers HFII, Benson and sister Josephine:

William Clay driving 999:

With Henry's Quadricycle:

In a new convertible with his brothers:

With his son Bill in a T:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:07 pm:

Great postings Royce. I'm sure he'll be missed. Sometimes I wonder, when the family gets "watered down" over time, what will become of the company? So far, so good thank goodness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:09 pm:

Thanks, Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By daniel ryan on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

That shows the popularity of NFL football;he is more famous for being owner of the Detroit Lions than grandson of icon Henry Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:46 am:

His son might just do a better job with the Lions. Look how good a job Bill Ford did when he hired Alan Mulally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:01 am:

Thanks Royce, great posting. I enjoyed it very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:43 am:

I wonder if that slick Edsel convertible is still in the family at a museum somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

Royce, I heard about his death yesterday, thanks for filling in some details with those photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 06:24 pm:

Tom Miller sent me a few more great pictures of William Clay "Bill" Ford Sr.:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration