What to think before you post anything on this board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What to think before you post anything on this board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:57 pm:

I hope the Rotarians do not mind my using their Four-Way Test.

Of all the things we think, say, or do:

Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

I learned this in high school many many years ago. Perhaps we all need to think of this, myself included, whenever I post a comment on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:39 pm:

#3&4 will be killers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

I think number one is required but maybe #2 and #3 would tend to restrict free and open debate that may in the end be a benefit to all concerned.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:56 pm:

More importantly, don't read anything into the words that are posted. Often people assume they understand the attitude of the person's written words. This is never possible, so don't read anything except what you see.

I see people objecting and getting rude and belligerent when I disagree on a historical or technical basis with other folks. Please, read what I say and if you disagree, then by all means disagree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 04:00 pm:

I know I shouldn't be surprised in this rabid pc era but here's another guy who doesn't even know me popping up to tell me what I should think. It's tiresome. :-(

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration