Ot - Ford Model K in another foreign country:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ot - Ford Model K in another foreign country:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:57 pm:

Steve J., you've been holding out. More model Ks in Kansas:

The October 15, 1908 "Ford Times" picked up the story:

Meanwhile, in Hutchison KS., another Model K is making a trip:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 05:40 am:

A year or so ago, I found a photo of a K in,IIRC, Kansas City, and posted it on the forum. I wonder if it was the car from this event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 06:38 am:

Dane,
Would you mind re posting it?
Thank you,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:05 am:

I found the link from 2012.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/275914.html?1332179229

The link to the photo won't open for me. I'm sure the car (copied from the thread, not very good resolution) is the one in the story:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:45 am:

The photo link worked for me, here is the image from the link:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:50 am:

So, it's a roadster body with an extra pair of seats? Very sporty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 01:21 pm:

Walter,
Yes. I've found several used car classifieds for Model K with a double seat on the back of a roadster, so it may have been a popular choice. The back sear(s) are removable and Ford advertised that straps were included to place luggage on the back seat when the seat is removed.

Another Kansas Model K owner in Lawrence. This owner had three Fords, Models K, N and R (I'm jealous :-) ):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Another one. They're everywhere in Kansas:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

And more from the Oklahoma City to Kansas City run. Many of us will take a similar route to Chickasha.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

150 miles of mud? Wow! And I catch flak if I include a mile or 2 of hard, smooth gravel road on an organized tour. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:26 am:

I'd like to see a map of their route. It seems kind of odd going through both Arkansas City and Wellington if you're going from OKC to KC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 04:52 am:

Thanks for the result, Rob. I looked but could not find the photo. Seems that the photo and the newspaper reports together, solve the mystery of the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 05:31 am:

Dane, my pleasure, thanks for pointing out the pic. I didn't recall the thread.

Steve, could they have made the jog due to few existing roads in the area? It looks like they were following fairly rugged terrain (staying just west) for a ways, then east to Ark City and on south? (I'm thinking of the return trip. I've seen news accounts of the ensuring tour to Ok City)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 05:48 am:

Steve,
I still think you've been holding out on me. Another "big Ford" in Abilene:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration