Enjoying Sierra Vista AZ Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Enjoying Sierra Vista AZ Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:46 pm:

We are enjoying the Sierra Vista Tour that is being put on by Tony and Heather Bowker. Having a great time palling around with Gene and Jackie from Surf City.

Yesterday we traveled to old Bisbee. Susan did some serious damage in an antique store. But I have to admit the yoyo quilt is very pretty.

Today we toured the very impressive Kartchner Caverns with lunch in Benson then on to Tombstone. I was a little disappointed I couldn't find an autographed picture of Hugh O'Brian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:07 am:

The San Pedro Valley is great touring country. I used to sop up the suds at the Crystal Palace in Tombstone. Maybe I'll make it there in a T someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:08 am:

Beautiful scenery! One of my favorite places. Steve, my favorite saloon is still Kate Elder's place (Big Nose Kate's). I've always wondered how it looked in it's heyday with Doc Holliday dealing faro at the corner table.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Looks like fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Saturday we went over to Bisbee, not too difficult a run but a good hill on the way home.

On Sunday we went to the Kartchener Caverns, no pictures in the caves but after we went to Tombstone.

Monday we went to HotRods of Old Veil on the outskirts of Tuscon, wonderful facility and good food.

We came back through the local military facility, wonderful scenery.

There is a Model T in this picture!!

More follows....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

Today we went down to Douglas with lunch at the Gadston Hotel. This was built in 1907 and is quite interesting, there is a chip out of the steps that was said to be made by Pancho Vias horse when ridden up the main stair case....

There we 19 cars left touring at Douglas, one on the trailer but he was off by the time we returned to Tombstone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

Great tour, fine weather, wonderful friends!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam Peoria AZ on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 02:15 pm:

We had a great time on the Sierra Vista Tour thanks Tony
We stayed on a few day more over in St. David, we visited an old mining ghost town on the San Pedro river, were we parked was a fenced off pile of rusting metal (sign no removing of artifacts) I could make out some T finders and running boards then over near the the mines stamping mill was most of the sheet metal from a late teens touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

Was a great tour, thanks to Tony & Heather. Our T ran great every day of the tour. Only problems we had was what we thought was a typo in the instructions. There are two Route 90's and they go to different places! We made an extra visit to Tombstone because we turned at the wrong place! I also had a problem with an aftermarket modification. My rumble seat (not original part) slammed my finger. It required 9 stitches. We had a good time with good friends.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:22 pm:

" There are two Route 90's and they go to different places"!

Ha. Actually, there is only one Route 90, but it does confuse. It extends south from Interstate 10 to Sierra Vista, then heads East to connect to Highway 80 between Tombstone and Bisbee.

Route 80 is another interesting route, heading southeast from Interstate 10 at Benson down to Douglas, then sweeping to the northeast to connect back to Intersate 10 in New Mexico.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

One of the route 90's is about 0.4 miles north of the hotel. It dead ends at route 80 It is a right turn from the main north south route. The other one is 4.4 miles north of the hotel and you turn right there to reach I-10.

Anyway, I did a very unmanly thing. I actually asked someone for directions and after about 40 miles out of the way, found Karcher Caverns.

Actually I should have brought a map from home, which I forgot.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration