Together again after 35 years,Follow up from last year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Together again after 35 years,Follow up from last year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:40 am:

Last year I posted the story of me being able to buy back the 1916 Tourer which my Dad sold 35 years ago. It was the car I rode in as a child, washed and also polished the brass. It was the car that got me interested in Model T's in the first place. hen I got it last May it was not in good shape and certainly not tour ready. It has since had a full engine and transmission rebuild an also a new top fitted. This weekend it was a pleasure to attend my first tour with my Dad and my son who is now the same age as I was when Dad sold the car!Three generations in the same car! A big thankyou to regular forum contributors Kerrie Van Ekeran for the engine and trans rebuild and to David and Rose Dare for the new top! Couldn't have done it without you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:21 am:

Warwick,

How special!!! What a great way to build memories with your Son and Father. Is it a standard Canadian body with the cowl vent added? If so, would you please let me know if there is a body letter and number on the front seat wood frame, in front of the gas tank or on the front floor board riser (not sure if Ford of Canada had them stamped there or only Ford USA)?

And if that first photo spot is still available many of the ones from my youth have been developed into communities, I would recommend you try to do a remake of the original photo. Of course with photo-shop etc. and someone that knows how to use it, I guess they could put the current car and you and your son in the same spot. But somehow, I think the old fashioned way of doing it would still be more meaningful.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Warwick,
I read the thread title and hoped it was you!
Thank you for the update. (Wonderful!)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

Fantastic - I wish my dad was around when I got his T back on the road. At least my 93 year old mom was able to enjoy the first ride with my granddaughters in the back

There is nothing like a T and family :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:33 pm:

My father born in 1909 talked about his Model T's when I was young and my brain had not yet fully developed and I now wish that I had listen more closely.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration