Algonquin Illl. Perry Hill racing-Speedsters-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Algonquin Illl. Perry Hill racing-Speedsters-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:07 am:

WOW!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Looks like my few and brief experiences with drag racing my Mopars - most of the time is spent waiting in line! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

For a Horseless Carriage and speedster guy, that looks like heaven! (Could I please have one? Any one?)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

I've noticed some hill climbs must have required stock bodies along with chassis, while others allowed "stripped" down stock cars.

I suspect this stripped down Model K is participating in a hill climb:

This is the first Model N sold, according to Ford Motor Company period articles, participating in the Algonquin Hill Climb in September 1906:

And Frank Kulick winning one of two Algonquin hill climbs (1911 and 1912) with the Ford Special, a 410 cubic inch four cylinder Ford racer:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 07:55 pm:

Interesting photo, if you look at the front axle check out the shocks. They appear to be tubular like a modern "Monroe" style. I'm guessing there are springs inside the tubes. The engine is 4 cylinder cast in pairs ,side valve configuration. Based on the engine design and the body shape I would place the car at 1908-1911. As a brass car collector I would take anyone in the picture.

brasscrguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

The postcard at the top of this thread is from the 1908 Algonquin Hill Climb. The No. 28 is C.A. Tilt on his Diamond T.

You can read all about this event, the Diamond T car and find the full article covering the hill climb in the August

22, 1908 issue of Automobile Topics on The Old Motor @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=98712

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration