Any word on what is happening to the classified Ads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Any word on what is happening to the classified Ads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

Will the Ads get fixed? Does anyone know? Chris, thanks for what you have done and hope this gets fixed soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

I'm sure he's aware of the problem. That it's been stuck so long suggests that this problem is a tough nut to crack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAVID SPENCE on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 05:29 pm:

I sadly haven't got the infinite solution here to this but myself and John Housego have experienced the same issues ,being the webmasters to the Model T Register of Great Britain website and Facebook pages for the past couple of years.

As a current short term measure we had all classified adverts forwarded to us for our approval, that way we vetted out the low life, which was time consuming in the initial period , I am not saying we traffic as much as MTFCA but it did give us the breathing space to address the problems and it seemed to slow the pace somewhat and we now have it under control.

The T Register is against the use of passwords for placing or indeed access to our site as I am sure you are in an attempt to open up our hobby to all, with great emphasis being placed on the encouragement of youth for the future of our hobby,and its paramount but we must always try not to use a sledge hammer to crack a small nut.

Chris does a superb job on the site and believe me it at times get very frustrating trying to do the right thing , I look everyday and am extremely grateful of the efforts and the knowledge I have gained here.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration