Trailers lock devices

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Trailers lock devices
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:06 pm:

What do you guys use to lock up for trailer to keep them from being taken?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

Good one, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

I use this setup. It's made by Blaylock Industries. I prefer a removeable padlock so that I know that it is keyed unique. The ones with the built in keyed locks are junk.

If it's going to be parked out of sight, I also run a chain through two of the rims on one side and padlock it.

Always remember - locks are for honest people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Dan;
Did u do the Winter Tour??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

Richard

Yes. Two days were cold and heavy rain on one.

Roads were good on a few days, but heavy traffic on a 60mph route we had to run for 40 miles, not fun for my 30-33 cruise normally. Had to pull off the road many times to prevent back ups.

But visit to Fantasy of Flight was a boon. :-)

The founder flies all the craft in the place, and it fantastic. Grandfather made his money in oil down-under, and this grandson get 12.5mil oil stream income. Buys lots of planes and gas!

He has a Tri Motor too, by golly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

Tyrone,
When I bought my enclosed trailer, I went to an auto supply store and found a "trailer kit" that had a hitch lock, a "fake" ball to fit in the hitch so someone couldn't put the trailer on their hitch, 2 padlocks, a cable lock for the wheels, and a pin lock for the hitch. . .all keyed alike so you only had to carry one key for all the locks. Not too expensive and had everything I needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

Just blow up a picture of your ex-wife
and put it on the front .....

That will scare ANYTHING away .... :-)

PS - No ex wife ?

Picture of mother in law will do .... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:13 am:

Many construction companies park their trailered direction signs missing a (removed) wheel assembly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 04:47 am:

Just had a story on local news about a guy getting his trailer back. He had a GPS device on it, found himself and called the law. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

On the theory that crooks are lazy I put a pad lock on the ball receiver end and chain both axles on each side of the trailer. So far so good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

Am hearing of crooks using small battery powered grinders. They can cut thru most any lock shank. Best as Steve posted above. Remove a couple of wheels and store away from the trailer. - John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration