Turtle Deck bolt hole locations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Turtle Deck bolt hole locations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 09:58 am:

Hopefully my thread title has enough people confused and curious to get plenty of responses. I'm in the process of "restoring" my 1923 roadster pickup. I've decided the truck bed would be handier than the turtle deck, so I'm keeping that. My problem is I have decided to put the bolt holes in the proper location for a turtle deck, in case I decide for some reason I need it or I sell it to someone who wants the turtle deck instead. I sold my turtle deck a year ago to help fund the restoration, so I don't have a pattern for the bolt holes. I know, should have been thinking ahead. Oops. Does anybody know where the holes should be to bolt down the turtle deck? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:51 am:

here you go Jared. Brown area is where I had to shrink back some serious dents. Deck would have hidden it, so felt it was a good place to practice shrinking skills.

turtle deck bolt holes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 09:23 am:

Looking good, Scott. I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the holes that go into the wooden frame underneath the turtle deck. I'll leave the holes in the sheet metal up to the person who decides a turtle deck is needed. Thank you though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 12:37 pm:

Jared

those holes should be determined once the deck is properly mounted snug to the back of the body.

That's the exact step that I'm at right now. Have mounted the deck and used a pencil to mark the wood.

There is 1 bolt in each of the rear corners, through the welded corner stiffeners, and 1 bolt in each of two riveted tabs along each side of the deck, towards the front of the deck.

Also appears to require a screw in the front/rounded corner on each side where the deck snugs up against the curved wood formers on the lower/back of the seat back

Takes 5/16" bolts.

Best of luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Jeez

I just reread where you sold your deck.

I wouldn't worry about it. The next guy's deck will likely be unique and not exact to the next one.

regards,

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

That makes my life a bit simpler. Thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration