Advise on rebuild for a "driver" 27 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Advise on rebuild for a "driver" 27 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Mclellan on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Looking for a very reputable shop to rebuild a 1927 T coupe powertrain. I was originally planning on going with ModelTengine.com as they seem to be the only ones who offer more than just stock rebuild, but they haven't answered the phone or returned my email?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:15 am:

I see you live in Manitoba. I live in Calgary so maybe I can help you. I won't take on the whole job as I have my own projects to work on, but I can help you in many ways. I have done a number of "speedster" type engines and perhaps that is what you are looking for when you say "more than a stock rebuild".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:23 am:

Robert;
I believe they are out of business.
Please check out our website and I can also provide you with the customers information of the engine we did rebuilt from Teulon,Manitoba. His engine is shown on our website as our ability to resurrect the dead.

http://www.jandm-machine.com/projects/canadian/projectsCanadianModelT.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:17 pm:

Consider yourself lucky that they have not returned your email or phone calls..you escaped a bullet...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

*WHISTLE* man resurrect the dead is right!! I have no doubts you bolt up a good carb and fresh coils to that pristine engine it'd fire right up on mag.

The only bad part would be that I'd feel obligated to do the rest of the car to the same standard before I could bring myself to install that engine.

Great work. One day I hope I can afford to send mine to ya'll for "the works" like that. Of course if I ever can it'll already have a Rajo head on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Mclellan on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Les, what would be the best way to contact you outside of this thread? Do they have private messaging on this forum? I am looking for a pretty extensive rebuild, although everything is in much better shape than what J&M posted up! So it would depend what "I won't take on the whole job" means.

I have the mechanical experience to take this on myself, but that same experience tells me that a shop that specializes in these motors and will do it as correctly as possible could save me a lot of headaches.

I did have J&M on my list of possibilities, so I'm glad to see your reply. I'm interested to see what you can offer as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Give Antique Auto Ranch in Spokane, Wa a Call. 800-327-1469 Stock Short blocks start @ $1750.00 and go up depending on how wild you want to get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

Robert
The forum has private messaging. Babbitt and machining of rods and mains( I do the main boring myself) is available through our local Foothills Model T Ford club. I can put you in contact with competent local machine shops in Calgary that have done machine work on many T engines. Consider that out local club has about 100 families in it (probably over 200 model T's).
Certainly some of the US shops do good work but you need to consider the border issues and shipping.
Do you wish to "soup it up" or just good running stock? I can go either way. I have a couple of NEW Crower cranks in stock (absolutely the BEST available anywhere, bar none)!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Mclellan on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 12:58 am:

Les, I was looking at something like double the HP double the TQ from the factory engine, so probably not so wild, but the right balance of power to not have any trouble moving under it's own power, but not so much power that I would need to start looking into upgrading brakes/ suspension to drastically. (if that makes sense)

Really looking for a turn key easy start drive around anywhere kind of power train.

Also, I'm still getting my feet wet on these cars, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration