Interesting T truck for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Interesting T truck for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:36 am:

see:

http://www.jensendealerships.com/exotic-used/Ford/1923-Ford-Model+T-sioux-city-l e-mars-ia-80ff761c0a0a00640db096148c3888bf.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 01:14 pm:

It is interesting. I looked pretty carefully and although it has a starter and an alternator I couldn't see a battery anywhere nor a place to put one. Also interesting is the fact that while it is clearly an electrically equipped truck, the ignition switch is of the non-electrically equipped type on the coil box.

Sure is purrty.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

Henry, this setup was used on all the TTs until 1922 before the switch and coilbox became separate units. Looks like this one was restored pretty close to original. You don't see this much anymore as so many TT's are a mix of the incorrect parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:41 pm:

It has a water pump! AND one of those evil long hoses instead of a pipe! LOL

The only thing that really threw me was the very modern carburetor. Maybe the battery is more forward under the cab? Basically roughly under the floor of the driver's side?

I really like everything about the whole truck (I'd chuck the water pump and put a Stromberg OF carb) except the huge yellow bar in front and I guess that's a license plate holder? Not a fan of that. The rest of it is beautiful though. If I had the $$ I'd just buy it and get someone to change the stencil on the side. It'd be a sweet crew truck for pulling my speedster on a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 03:09 pm:

Somehow I don't see this as "restored pretty close to original*. Homemade wiring, damn alternator, haywire ammeter, light switch, etc. If it has electrics, then it had the standard switch plate/bracket and ammeter. Either it is an electric or not. It has to be consistent if it is a 1923. And yes, where is the battery?
There is a place for it next to the driver's runningboard.
Wrong price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 04:11 pm:

Later this summer I will be selling my TT for a lot less than that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration