New T owner and need help with identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: New T owner and need help with identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Bianchin on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:55 am:

Good day everyone,

Newbie here to this Forum. My company has recently acquired a new 1917 Model T delivery truck of some sort, but I have no idea on how to determine what the model is. The serial number on the engine is 1611797 and from what I can determine it was produced in 1916, but that is only the engine. I have tried looking for the serial number on the frame rail but could not find any information being that this looks to have been previously restored (even though it doesn't look like it). The frame is showing to be powder coated and virtually has no rust. However, the rest of the body and interiors are pretty rough as you can see. We are going to do a possible full restoration on the vehicle, but I need to get more information on it. Any help that can be provided would be excellent, and thank you very much in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:02 pm:

The sheet metal seems to all be in the 23-25 era. If you can send me some more pictures and a photo of the engine compartment, I can help you date it better. aloso@q.com

Andy Loso
OSO HANDY RESTORATIONS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

As far as model, it is an aftermarket Huckster body, ford did not make this type of body, but others took the running gear and adapted their own or commercially available body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

Richard,
There is no number on the frame on pre-1926 cars. Originally the only number was the engine and those were often changed over time.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 02:00 pm:

I agree with Andy, it looks 23 to 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

Your engine was assembled december 20'th 1916, making it a 1917 model year engine. Does it have any electrical equipment or are the headlamps magneto powered?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 04:03 pm:

BTW Richard, welcome to the forum! I got my first Model T in June of last year and I have found this forum to be extremely useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Bianchin on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:36 am:

Mr. Karlsson,

To be honest I have limited mechanical knowledge on this vehicle so I apologize in advance. I have taken a few more pictures of the lights and engine compartment and rear end. Please let me know if this is a help at all. Thank you all so very much for your information thus far.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration