1925 Coupe Doors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1925 Coupe Doors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

Help Please! I need the locations of the window stops in the doors and quarter windows of a 1925 Model T coupe. I had to repave the rotted out sections that were missing and I don't know where the window stops belong or how attached. Any pictures would be great or directions helpful as well. Thank You...
Robert Broussard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 05:04 pm:

"I had to repave the rotted. . ."
Repave? is this a reference to using that famous hot tar stuff to fix the body wood too??
:-)
Sorry Robert, I don't have the answer to your question, just this "wise ass" remark. Good luck!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Until better help arrives, here is what I measured on a metal framed Fordor rear door. It may be the same.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:32 am:

David D,
It is another of those typos we were joking about on another thread. 'Nuff said.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:42 am:

Robert B,
I see that this is your first posting. Welcome to the worlds best place to discuss all things model T! I do happen to have a 1924 T coupe. I do not know if your '25 would be the same or not. There were a lot of changes in the coupe bodies those two years. David S is considered the '24/'25 coupe expert. Hopefully he will read this and have the information you need. If there is anything I can help you with, let me know. My car was an old restoration when I got it, so I haven't seen what is under that upholstery.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:50 am:

Robert,
It probably would be helpful if you could advise if your doors have the timber framing or if they are the later all steel doors.

My Fordor has the timber frames and the stops were nailed on the tops of the two blocks in the lower corners of the door frame.

This is a picture of one of my frames before I replaced the bad timber.

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 02:08 pm:

Thanks for the replies...it says a lot about you

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration