How To Adjust Coil Points Article From The Ford Owner Dealer Trade Journal 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How To Adjust Coil Points Article From The Ford Owner Dealer Trade Journal 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

Thanks for that article, Jay !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:30 pm:

That information will not ensure a coil set up correctly. It needs calibrated on a coil testing unit to produce a smooth running engine. Articles like this one is why so many give up and convert to something else for ignition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Perhaps the author could have also included setting by musical note or length of spark - equally comparable to the methods described.
"rough and ready adjustment" says it all.
I can imagine all the multiple sparking and wildly varying coil currents.
Rather like most of the coils I get given to rebuild...
I've just done a set where the upper cushion springs had been glued shut. Pity, because they were new contacts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration