Big time carbon build up!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Big time carbon build up!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

hey all, on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this carbon build up compared to yours? I got my T last year, and this is my first time cleaning up the inside. I've replaced just about everything on the outside of the engine, but still lack some power. Hopefully this will fix it! zab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:14 pm:

Need to lean the carb down some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:15 pm:

I would get rid of those original valves. Since you say you're low on power, how well are they seating?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:23 pm:

Looks to me like you're pumping oil with the rings. Otherwise it looks typical of an engine that has not been apart in a while. I agree with doing a valve job and changing out the 2-piece valves with modern 1-piece alloy valves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Great thanks guys copy that. Will do!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration