Doors panel nails in 16 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Doors panel nails in 16 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 07:12 am:

I'm installing new door panels in my 16 touring. I cant remember if there are finish nails across the center the drive into the wood cross member of the door or are eh finish nails just around the edges??

Thanks!

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 07:31 am:

There is a line of tacks through the center of each door and a line through the center of the false door on the driver side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 08:09 am:

Late 16s did not have the nails across the center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 08:29 am:

Thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:24 am:

The original upholstery nails were 3/8". They are not available today, but there are some that are close, being 1/32" larger. They are available from Witmer Coach in New Holland, Pennsylvania.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration