Ot- Pedal plane-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ot- Pedal plane-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Some where I have a photo from one of my Dad's cousins with a plane like this one. He is in the middle of the dirt Main street St. Peters Mo. in about 1910. This made me think of it.
Sure would be a doable project. I have a grandson coming along at the end of the month too!

This one was postmarked Kansas City 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 03:57 pm:

I don't see any pedals.

Looks like a motorcycle engine in the middle drives the propeller via a long shaft.

A fun and dangerous toy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

Yikes?!!

However. Not only have times changed. People have changed. When I was six years old, I was driving my grandfather's Ford tractors (I was hand throttle from the start) by myself. Solo. With my grandfather's and my parent's permission. I pulled trailers out of the orchards. I understood the dangers. They trusted me. I never did anything foolish with the tractors (my bicycle was another story).
This was before the second grade. I just cannot imagine today's kids doing anything like that and surviving.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

yikes!!!!!!is right. could that thing really fly??????????? lol charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

that child later went on to fame as the first poster child for the amputee club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 02:29 am:

Young boy looks real happy.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration