Headers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Headers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

I am trying to stay era correct on my 26 Doctor's Coupe. I have one of Stan's Stromberg OF's and a high volume intake manifold, along with a .280 Sipes cam and Z-head. I have an accessory dual exhaust I can put on but wonder if 1: Did anybody run headers in the late 1920's or were these used more on the speedsters and racers of the 30's? 2: are there any factory reproduced headers that will fit with the stock intake manifold? I have seen Red's headers but understand they will not work with stock intakes and I would have to run an A or B manifold, so couldn't run the OF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 12:03 am:

Hey Doc, Our Coupe is similar to your's in that it has the same cam and head. I am not certain if headers were available as an aftermarket accy for stock T's, and I don't think there are any factory reproduced headers other than the dual exhaust manifold you already have. But I haven't looked at the catalogs lately. You could build a header using an adapter plate (I think I saw Ford-n-More stocks them)and your intake manifold with some ingenuity. It's been done before. I used a new repro Model A manifold, that I had Performance coated and found a larger updraft carb that has an integral accelerator pump all attached to a Model A intake. There was some fitting required those manifolds and I use a foot feed pedal for throttle control. That comes in handy when shifting the Layne Warford.

TT

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration