OT But Involves Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT But Involves Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

Guy's here's my situation, the radiator shop just called and says my 1917 Maxwell's honeycomb radiator is rotten and has about 20 un-repairable leaks. He's checking supplier prices for both honeycomb and tube cores to give me a price on re-coring my radiator but has already warned I will have a fortune in it. My question is have any of you speedster builders ever used a Maxwell radiator shell and what you used for a radiator itself. I'm hoping maybe I can modify a Model T radiator to fit my shell but don't know what years would possibly fit. Anyone know how I can get specs on the sizes of Model T radiators?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

If it's going in a shell you have two choices, 1917-1922 and 1923-1927. There were minor changes, but not in the measurements. Let me know what measurements you want of either or both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

Thanks Steve, I'll let you know when I get the radiator back in my hands. Keep your fingers crossed as I may have just found a usable Maxwell radiator online.

Howard Dennis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration