Magneto coil assembly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Magneto coil assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Smithwick Eastford , CT. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

can you take an earlier mag. coil assembly and
ad the notch for a starter ? My thought is the
wire between coils might not have enough clearance .
Just wondering if anyone has done this with good results ?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:09 pm:

Assuming that you are referring to the later, 1918-20 single stacked field coils, yes. We do it all the time at customers' requests.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Smithwick Eastford , CT. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

So it can't be done with double stack coils?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:49 pm:

Never tried; no reason to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

Daniel,

Contact Wally Szumowski I believe he could give you a definitive answer to your question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:29 am:

The double stack coils should clear a starter shaft without any modification. I have the earlier single stack coil on my '12 and it clears easily. One easy way to find out - put it together with a couple bolts and look. Should not require any more time than was spent typing the initial question.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration