Recognize this odd spring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Recognize this odd spring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

I don't recall ever seeing one like it. Can anyone tell me anything about it? If I ever get around to this project, I wonder whether I should keep this weird spring as a curiosity, or go stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

Steve, I see some lettering on the perch castings, what does the lettering say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:25 pm:

I had one one time I think frymiller got it. I guess it could give a better ride.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

I'll take the wirewheel hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

Henderson's springs in Australia made a similar set-up. Theirs looked a little prettier with the ends of the springs bent up a little. Chris Csorba may be able to post a photo of the set-up on his car.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

I have one similar to it that will go on TT someday. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:36 pm:

I also have one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

I have one very similar,Wide stance,more spring action. Should make for a smoother ride and better cornering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

It's a Trainor accessory front spring - they were marketed in Sweden, too - this ad is from a 1925 magazine:
Trainor

Here is another thread with more examples of longer accessory front springs: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/240498.html?1318474855

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Csorba on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Roger's posted link has the photos of my Henderson spring. The car is in my profile.
I intend replacing the double main leaf spring with a single sometime over Winter to reduce the nose-up angle of the car

Spring
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/241229.jpg
Perch
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/241230.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:03 pm:

Here's another make of extended front spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

I've got two like the one above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:42 am:

I want one !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:59 am:

There are a couple of cars with them here in Southern California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

The springs are nice but your jack stands worry me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

So far the stands have held up OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

Steve When I first opened up this post, I started to get my camera and post a picture of another one.
After reading on I decided there were plenty pictures.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration