OT:: Aspirin uses in a dead battery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT:: Aspirin uses in a dead battery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:32 pm:

I just read this on MSN about using aspirin ina dead battery read on

9 amazing uses for aspirin
Charge a car battery

Don’t worry—aspirin pills have got some manly uses, like starting up a car with a dead battery. That being said, it might be a good idea to stash a bottle of aspirin in your car, just in case it runs out of juice. If you’re stranded without power, you can drop two aspirin pills into the battery cells to jump-start the charging. The sulfuric acid in the battery mixes with acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) to create one charge. It will be enough to rev up your engine and get you to the nearest service station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Mmmmmmmmm, I'm a little skeptical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

My brother used salt but was arrested for a salt in battery {0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

Somebody call the Mythbusters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

Just don't mix it with Coca Cola.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

It’s True !
Just take two Aspirin and call your local Auto Club . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:37 pm:

The resulting mixture is referred to as hog wash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

Sure doesn't look like a "cure" for an electrical headache. Better to chew the aspirin and then fix the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 07:37 pm:

RICHARD!! LOL LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

Good one Richard!

Excuse me while I go squeeze some more oil out of that snake in the garage. Maybe I can sell it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration