A fine mess of Ford lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: A fine mess of Ford lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Here are 12 Ford lights and only two good pairs. I have several RH JB 110s with steel tops. The only nice LH 110 have brass tops. I could make a better pair if I put one with a jewel with one with a plain side. RH 110s are more common that LH 110 (driver side). JB B&B lights are getting pricey on ebay. Tail lights in good condition are not common. I have on nice one and one poor one.

John Brown Lights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

Darel,

Nice group of lights. I've never seen any JB steel top lights. I've heard of them before. Do you have any idea of the time period they were used (versus the brass tops)? Also do you know when the Jewel backed light changed to the plain backs? I know the riveted on brackets appeared in 1914. I agree taillights are harder to find. Probably were damaged more often because of the vulnerable position. Always nice to learn new details. Thanks for posting the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 04:13 pm:

The two steel top lights I have are in good condition. I need to install glass in one door. I have the correct glass. Years ago PPG cut a few beveled glasses for me to that size. Both have jewels. Both are RH lights. Does any one have any data on the JB lights for1913-14?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration