Interesting take on A model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Interesting take on A model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:34 pm:

As most of you know there was a 1927 Model T snowmobile found in Labrador and I have offered my assistance in the possible restoration of it, it is a very historical unit. To day I received this E-Mail.

I was given your E-Mail address and strongly
recommended to contact you. My involvement is due to the fact that the site where the snowmobile was found is considered an archaeology site, and as such in this province, any archaeology project
requires a conservator(ME)to assess and provide
recommendations with regards to any artifacts. The (Model T) Snowmobile falls under this regulation now.

I have provided her with some history and hope that it can be restored for its historical background. I believe that this is the first T to be classified to as an archaeology find.

Keep your fingers crossed that it will be restored and at least put on display some where.

Bob

This one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:58 pm:

Hopefully she won't insist that you clean the whole car with a dental pick and soft whisk broom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Bob,

Sure hope that it can be salvaged and restored. Should be easy: just change the oil, gas and water and you're good to go. After all " it ran when parked". :-) Keep us posted: would be a shame not to save such an historical T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

The tone of the message suggests they would like to provide a lot more than assessments and recommendations. Control and even confiscation are more what these types have in mind. At least these efforts are aimed at preservation. That's good with me. They are concerned more with people looting archaeological sites than with good folks like you bringing history to life. Keep up the good work.
Fordially, Erik

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration