Generator wire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Generator wire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

Just pulled the generator wire and noticed it sparks to ground. Is this right? Should this wire be hot with the switch off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

it goes to Battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

I assume you probably mean the cutout wire that fastens to the screw terminal there. It should be a Yellow/black wire and yes it is hot all the time and if you short it to ground you can smoke your ammeter if you have not installed a main fuse. Consider installing a single 25 amp fuse in the heavy solid yellow wire that protrudes from the battery side of the foot switch. That is the main power to the car from the battery and ultimately what makes that yellow/black cutout wire "hot".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

Yep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

Thanks--that's how I read the diagram that I have on hand. Just wanted to be sure.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration