Old Photo - Keeping In Touch With Culture During A Real Vacation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Keeping In Touch With Culture During A Real Vacation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:46 am:

Wow, look at all that gear. And people today complain about those who bring smart phones and TVs when they "get away".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 08:56 am:

My thoughts exactly, Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 09:55 am:

Oh my! !Don't they look entertained!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:27 am:

What you don't see is all the batteries that are needed to run this set up (A,B,C) and the near constant adjustment that regenerative receiver required to keep the station playing.
I really need to pick-up a nice Radiola 3 to take with me to car shows, just so I can sit back and enjoy some AM radio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:02 pm:

Guess I have seen too many movies, that picture sorta fits what I see in my mind when I think about a British adventure. Sitting down to a full supper dressed to the nines in the middle of nowhere with all the latest gear and a Phonograph playing in the background. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

Mark,
To make this thread topic correct I'll point out that that's how Henry Ford did it, and using T's at that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

I was just thinking after I posted to add; the Yanks did it to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

Looks like the guy in front is listening to his 5th generation iPod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

The antenna wire isn't easily spotted either but it's there....... ;)
Men and toys.......it never ends.......thankfully....... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration