Old Photo - And With Only 20 Horse Power!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - And With Only 20 Horse Power!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Guess they had the top down so there wouldn't be too much lift on the rear, to get more traction. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:56 am:

20 horse power indeed! It looks a little ambitious to me. Maybe he has a Ruckstell or an aux. transmission to gear it down so he can chew what he bites off. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

I don't think there's any way those little tires would ever get traction to move that steel once it hit the ground. My guess the photo is set up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:15 pm:

That would work well for clearing drifts, provided they are not too deep or too close together. 20 horse power will do amazing things. We have had snow drifts that would stop a 20 ton 150 hp road grader with a V plow though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

Yes but, it's the 83 ft lbs torque that matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

I wonder if it's connected to the front axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

That V-blade is bigger that the blade I run on my 79 Scout. It looks to me like the V-blade knocks the top off and the back blade does the finishing work.

Any way you look at it, that's a lot of work for the T motor and chassis. Even with the chains, I can't see it going very far in a moderate to heavy snow. I can't tell if might it have the four-wheel drive acc. No chains on the front would make it hard to steer if you are only using one side of the v.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

Over 30 years ago the neighbor had a V-plow about that size.I had a WD Allis with a loader and we mounted the V-plow to it.I also had a WD-45 with a front hitch and we ran a push pole between tractors.Chains on both tractors and we ran in road gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Exciting to say the least but it worked! I have doubts the poor model T!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

I can't see any bracing for the rear blade on the left hand side of the car. Without bracing there's no way it would work!

I'm voting with Will .....Photoshop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

No apparent means of raising the blade.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration