Fan Hub Bushings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fan Hub Bushings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

Any hints or tips for removing the brass bushings in the aluminum fan hubs?

Thanks,
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

Here are some ideas:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/90181.html?1241157957

Found with a Google search of this site for Fan Hub Bushings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

When I replaced the ballbearings on my hub, I put in the oven on low for 30 mins and they poped out with just a few lite taps. New bearings went in the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

Donald, if you have a tap near enough to the size needed to put a thread in the bushes, wind it in to one of the bushes as far as possible. Then using a drift from the opposite side, drive the tap and bush out. Once one is out the other can be driven out with a drift.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Thanks for the tips, I was able to get a drift between the two bushing and with a bigger hammer was able to drive one out, the second one was easy. New bushings in and hub rebuilt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

Don, make sure you have enough clearance in there or it may seize up.Did that once. Not sure how tight is OK, just not to tight........

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration