In today's mail...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: In today's mail...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 05:33 pm:

...was the new Lang's catalogue. I think Don Lang already had the most extensive offering of Model T parts available, and this new book has eight more pages than the previous one. If you've ever sought parts for any other kind of antique car, you know how lucky we are to have this resource to keep our T's rolling. Add to that the helpfulness and efficiency of Don's staff, and what you have is an all-around class act. I don't want to slight any of the other excellent parts dealers, but I have to say this is one of the few at the top of my list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 05:46 pm:

What Steve said. My catalog came yesterday, best ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

Yup, got mine yesterday and already have a bunch of page corners bent in for the wants and the needs. I can't find the thermometer part for a motometer yet though, any homebrew ideas.. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:36 pm:

I agree the catalog is great. I know there are discussions about who will want these cars in the future. Now eight more pages and new parts coming out all the time. If there wasn't a future market for Model T's this wouldn't be happening.
Last night my 2 1/2 year old grandson was sitting by him self looking through Langs catalog, as he does quite often. He was talking to himself saying "these parts go on the Model T" a little later he comes out with "this is amazing" He cracks us up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:37 pm:

Personally, I don't like it. Langs went backward in catalog design. It's like the old Mac's catalogs were the part listings were separated from the images. I like flipping through the pages and the images remind me of what I may need or want. It's too hard to find the part number matching the image. They're scattered down the page.

I got so frustrated with the old Mac's format, I quit ordering from them until they changed. Looks like the Langs catalog will just go on the shelf and I'll use the online catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

I got mine yesterday. One day and it already has oil on the cover! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 08:47 pm:

I have to agree with Ken. It is cumbersome to use at best, and I don't think they have updated the index in the last two or three years. There are several items that aren't where the index says they are. It's time for some changes. JMHO. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

I ordered my Lang's catalog about a year ago. It still hasn't arrived. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

Dave I bet if you call them Monday and tell them you didn't get it they'll have one in the mail to you before the day is over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:11 pm:

Turns out Langs has a website. You can order T parts 24/7/365. On my 5 year old Blackberry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:21 pm:

Thanks. I will call them Monday. I have ordered a couple of parts before and they did arrive quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

Most places have a website.
I prefer to have a paper catalog to so I can glance thru it while near the T or in a chair in the back yard or whatever.Call on the phone and order.
I got the Mac's Catalog yesterday.Aint opened it yet but I havent got 1 from Langs.
Guess I ought to order 1.
Later in the spring I hope to get back on my speedster project some now that I have needed stuff allmost done after working all winter on 2 non T projects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 05:21 am:

I just do better by phone, I dont know if it is
Dons wife or not that answeres but she is a swell
person to talk too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 05:44 am:

Like many of you my 2014 Lang's catalog arrived yesterday.
We are one state away from Lang's so the mail (and Ex FedUp) takes a short time to get here.
If you are on the other side of the country or in a different country it might take a few days longer.

Looking for parts in the catalog is part of the fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

As a relative newbie to the Model T hobby/affliction/indentured servitude (LOL) I have found Lang's customer service to be outstanding. Nothing better than making a call to a store to ask a question about a certain part and have the person you are speaking with give you their opinion because they installed it on their Own car! Thumbs up to Don, Steve, Jim and everyone else that mans the fort at Langs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 06:48 pm:

Received Lang's yesterday, Mac's today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Got mine today. Almost like Sears Wish Book.

:-)
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:47 am:

Got Lang's and Mac's today in the same mail. Mac's arrived in better condition and with color illustrations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:39 am:

Down here in OZ I have been dealing with Snyders for Donkeys and have been treated well but US postage is another deal you guys should be out of all debts just ask the US postal service for a loan. I like the Snyders catalogue for its one illustration one part description layout no confusion. It's hard to believe that motor cars over 100 years old have such a back up parts supply another good reason to drive Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

I have already been thru my Langs catalog a couple times. Still looking for all the new items. Somewhat like an Easter Egg hunt for Model T guys. I do not see much difference between the last catalog and this one. Little changes but nothing major. I like it, Just need more money to use it more. Macs catalog is a better layout and is a nice reference to look at. But it may be why there parts are higher priced than Langs. Langs catalog has almost always been right as to the year application of parts. Macs is sometimes wrong or very grey as to year applications for some of the transitional parts. I feel like we are lucky to have such good parts availability for our Ts. Langs has always been my first choice and then Macs. But Snyders, Bobs, ect are a great asset also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

Got a great Mac's catalog yesterday...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

I would like to get to where you guys are, but unfortunately, the annual experience at Hershey prevents that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Wandesforde on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

Interesting...
I've asked 3 times for a catalog (thru the website) and not a sign of anything from them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Dang I haven't ordered anything in 2 months and my catalogue has not arrived, well if I don't get one soon I'll just keep using my old one and complain because the price went up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 04:35 pm:

A week ago or so, I posted here that I didn't get my Lang's catalog from a year ago. I didn't call them but they are clearly listening here. The new catalog did arrive last Friday. Today, two more arrived. Lang's is the best! Almost time to place an order for some new tires and other items. I have two T owning friends who almost certainly don't have a catalog. I'm gonna pass the spare catalogs along. Thanks Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, March 24, 2014 - 06:21 pm:

I would like a new lang's catalogue just to look at while trying to fall asleep. Seems I always have at least a small pile of items in my cart on the Lang's web site. Waiting for money to pile up I guess.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration