HFs contribution to design post model T? Mildly O.T.?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: HFs contribution to design post model T? Mildly O.T.?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 06:53 pm:

We all know how Henry treated folks who tried to tell or show him what changes Lizzy needed. We also know how prominently Henry figured in nearly every bit of the design work done on the T. My question is this, what happened after the decision was fffiiinnnaallllllyy made to start making a "new" (non T)car? Did Henry more or less throw his hands up and let the younger generation do the lions share of the design work on the model A? Or did he take his aggressive style and apply it to every step the process that gave us Lizzies replacement?

No doubt many other car makers looked at what Ford was doing and how they were doing it. Did Henry, at this point, look at what others were doing to better the chances of producing a more competitive car after the T?

Also, what I have never learned is just exactly when did the actual design work begin on the A? I assume it had to have been before the T line stopped in 1927?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:42 pm:

imho,I think a good story of the model A can be found in Tin Lizzie by Stern.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 07:50 pm:

Ken, that is one T book I have not yet seen, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Erich,Usually found on used book sites on line for 10.00 to 15.00 Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 09:48 pm:

The MAFCA magazine The Restorer has published many in depth articles about the development of the Model A which began in 1927. Henry was totally 100 percent engaged in the most part with every aspect of the Model A design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

Regarding the 1932 Fords again Henry was utterly in control and micromanaging the results to a very satisfactory conclusion.

Loren Sorensen's books provide a very accurate depiction of events.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

Henry HAD to be engaged in order to shut down the plants for 5 months........whether or not he LIKED it or not is another matter......but I suspect he went along kicking and screaming all his obstinate way.

http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/heritage/vehicle-history-news-detail/671-m odel-a-1928

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration