1914 Wrecked Car near a covered bridge-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1914 Wrecked Car near a covered bridge-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

Did something heavy fall on it? Looks sort of like it was crushed from above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 04:47 am:

Truck? Looks like the driver jumped on the brakes at high speed and the pay load slipped forward!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 06:05 am:

I think it was T boned from the right side. It appears for have been pushed way over partly into the ditch. The drivers side wheel peeled off first and was left laying on the passenger side (near side of photo). Right front fender is also lifted straight up. Must have been really hit hard and fast by a larger vehicle. The other vehicle may have been removed before the picture was taken. Just my take on the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:04 am:

I think a horse got mad and kicked it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:11 am:

Thanks for enhancing the photo Steve.
The title said car but I think it really is a truck.
Being near a bridge says it is near a river where many times there is a railroad. Perhaps this was caused by a collision with a train.
A good detective could find out. It is from Gettysburg Pa.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:18 am:

Rocks in lower left corner look like crushed stone as in railroad ballast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:41 am:

What I find interesting is, whatever did the damage, did it in a way that tore the spindle from the axle with out damaging the spokes of the wheel.

It is very possible that the truck hit the side of a train and not a train hitting the truck. It also managed to lose it's right side drive chain in the process or that may have caused the accident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:08 pm:

It says "Auburn (?)" on the side of what is left of the truck box. I don't think it is an Auburn truck, although they did build some around that time. Could help identify the location or company?
Neat little truck? Was.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration