Hassler Shock Absorbers And Parts Catalog No. 103 , 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Hassler Shock Absorbers And Parts Catalog No. 103 , 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

Great post, Jay!

Related topic to help educate a newbie :-) - has anyone done a back-to-back test with and without these devices and can comment on what if any real world benefits they provided?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

I'd be interested in such research. I see Hassler shocks at just about every swap meet, so they must have been a very popular accessory. Either that or the same set of shocks keeps following me from swap meet to swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:39 pm:

I have Hasslers on my '17. They offer a smoother ride but the effect on handling is evil. The additional pivot points allow the front end to get squirrelly under certain situations such as a washboard road in a curve.

I will be removing them some day. I like the ride and handling of a non - Hassler equipped Model T better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

Did Hassler only build shocks for Model T's or did they learn to expand to other makes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

Dave I have seen ads for Chevy and Dodge also.There may be others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 02:24 am:

My Hasslers are a 'pancake' style (not the usual 'beehive', - yes the castings are definitely 'front' not 'rear' axle.

Text description

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Jay, Thanks for posting this information.

These brochures show that springs had different part numbers for different applications e.g. single/twin and front/rear, and Page 24 shows that these springs were originally color coded. I have springs that are different heights and diameters but no color coding (other than rust brown).

Does anyone know how to tell which springs are for single shocks and which are for double shocks? Maybe someone has original sets that could be measured and the results posted.

Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration