Scandinavian Bands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Scandinavian Bands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Noller on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

I was going through some of my spare parts today and found a box of Scandinavian linings. Can't remember when I bought them so I am curious as to whether they are the older ones or the new "tar babies". Is there a way to identify the difference by something in the weave pattern or something distinctive about the older ones?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 03:07 pm:

The good ones are usually dark to medium brown with a precise clean look to the weave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 03:11 pm:

After doing a little searching through the forum, I found these pics.

Original Scandinavia band:

scandinavia

Three bands, to me they appear to be:

Left - New Scandinavia (tar baby)
Middle - Kevlar (yellow)
Right - an original Ward's Royal Weave cotton band

To the experts, if I have mis-identified any of them, please post a correction, thanks :-)

bands

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

The left one appears to be similar to what Mac's sells and does not have the impregnated black stuff - whatever the heck it's called. It does have the same non-original weave though. The "tar babies" are most definitely treated and black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 05:06 pm:

Good cotton bands such as the older original style Scandinavia, Montgomery Wards, Allstate, Marks and other cotton bands have the distinguishing close,tight fine weave.

This weave gives them more durability.

Even the old Ford cotton bands have a tight weave.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration