St. Patrick's Day Parade in St. Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: St. Patrick's Day Parade in St. Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

I don't know how many St. Patrick's Day parades I have been at since we moved back to St. Louis 36 years ago, but this is the first one I have ever attended as a spectator. I discovered two days before the parade that I apparently have a cracked head... in any case, there is a cute little fountain next to the number 4 plug when the engine is running. I though, "Boy, I need this like a hole in the head! Oh, wait...."

Decided to go with daughter, son-in-law and grandtwins to watch with some friends of theirs. Was kind of fun to see the parade in actual action and also to hear the bands play but, on balance, I think I prefer driving the T. I will leave it to someone who was in the parade to identify all the participants.

The number of people in the background may seem small, but the Model T Club was unit #131 out of 138 so a lot of people had left by the time they went by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Awesome. You guys represented big time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

In the first picture with the beard is myself, Steven Thum and my wife Diana. The green car next to me is Steve Stevenson and his wife Mary Ellan and Flo Riechart. In the second picture, the center door is driven by Kent Gilbane. The frame is a restore in progress and was driven by Rob Knoll's son with Rob riding shotgun and Rob's family also in the car. This was the first outing for this car and Rob was very clever in building a body and using a sprayer as a gas tank. The tudor sedan body is still undergoing restoration so was not installed on the car. That's enthusiasm! The last picture is Sam Atkinson and his wife Cindy.
It was a long and fun day.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

Thanks, Steven. Long, of course, because you were so far back in the parade. Worth waiting for from my perspective, of course....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

So why didn't somebody give Dick a ride ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

George, I am sure someone would have if I had asked, but I opted to spend the day with family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:23 am:

I am sure Dick knows he is always welcome in my car!

Steven

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration