Antique Jack - Yellow Jack-It

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Antique Jack - Yellow Jack-It
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

I just picked up this jack at a tool sale. Does anyone know what decade this is from? I have not been able to find it on Google. It uses multiple chains, rather than hydraulics.

Thanks,
Spandau

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

Pictures of the Yellow Jack-It

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

Late 20's early 30's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:25 pm:

Maybe late teens as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:30 pm:

It's hard to see in the picture but the Yellow Jack-IT logo is still on the handle in the original paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

Thanks Ed. I would have been happy with 20s, but teens is even better.

Regards,
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:19 pm:

Hello Ed,

Can you tell me where this was advertised?

thanks,
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

Baloon Tires says late 20's or later> $36 is a very expensive jack for the 1930's. My 36 Plymouth sold for $600 new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:16 pm:

It came off the page of an old Smiths-Winchester Company catalogue page I saw on Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:02 am:

Andrew J. Perkins and Lester Perkins
Chicago, Illinois
Lifting Jack for Automobiles
Patent number: 1322941
Filing date: Aug 12, 1918
Issue date: Nov 25, 1919
http://tinyurl.com/lerr5o6

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration