Universal White Wall Clinchers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Universal White Wall Clinchers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

I while back I reported that after 6 months of having my new Universal ribbed white walls on my 1909 touring that all was good - no bleed through staining. Sadly, over the last month, the brown ring developed. I have tried everything to get it off, but it is not removable. I took a gamble on the "new formula" white rubber tires, and apparently lost. Very disgusted. Now back to black walls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 03:09 am:

Thanks for the update Mike. I was just about to order a set of whites for my 11 but now I'll hold off and see if anyone else is having problems. I talked to Universal, Lucas and Coker and they all assured me the problem was solved. Any chance you received some of the old stock?
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:18 am:

Lets see a pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:43 am:

White tires are made from natural rubber. I bought the ones on my '12 in 2008. One of them (left front) has a bit of orange stain starting to show. It's normal for natural rubber to react to sunlight, heat, ozone and all the other things it is exposed to. If your car is kept in a climate and humidity controlled, ozone free environment then maybe white tires would stay perfectly white. Driving the car thousands of miles I expect the tires to age and show discoloration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:20 pm:

Royce,

Nice photo of you and your father. Running boards are great. I sit on them more than step on them. Sure can't do that with "modern iron".
Wish I had a 12 or earlier. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

Royce,
YOU ARE ONE LUCKY FELLA to still have a dad!!!!!
Enjoy every minute! I wish I could have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul E Lucchetti on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 07:46 am:

I have a 12 with the new batch of universal whites. The 12 has been driven about 400 miles since I put them on 10 months ago and are still nice and white. I also have an 18 with the same batch of whites but on the same day and only driven about a hundred miles just recently and they have a browning ring starting to develop around the top of the sides. ?????
Both are kept in the same heated shop. They are still better than the first and second batch that I had on them before but not perfect, but the cars aren't perfect either.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration