More T era camping, Old Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: More T era camping, Old Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

4th picture: Columbia River gorge in the early
days?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

Dennis, I bet you got it right. Sure looks like it. Wish the old original Mitchell Point tunnel was still there.

It got dynamited due to safety concerns, if you can believe that.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

I'd like to know the story behind the fifth picture with the adobe ruins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

Here is a link to a nice site with the history of the famous scenic highway in the Columbia River Gorge.

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/publications/flexibility/ch11.cfm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:46 pm:

Steve,

That's after they dynamited the tunnel in the next to last picture. :-( Sorry I couldn't resist that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

Eric,

I remember taking the old road (before I 84) with my parents when I was a little kid. I remember the tunnel and how freaky some of the road was. Wish I could travel it now and appreciate it more. Now its just fly down I 84 and miss a lot of the scenery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:24 pm:

Dennis, I have done the remaining old highway in my T and it is one of the best T roads and driving experiences around. You should do it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/7140904681/in/set-72157629596694658

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

Steve,

I believe that is Casa Grande ruins in Arizonia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

Steve, I looked but have not yet found the source of that photo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration