Old Photo - Look Ma! No Hands!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Look Ma! No Hands!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:04 am:

Dang Jay, that's not funny. :-)

"Look Ma! No hands!!" is my inescapable fear when I see old photos of saws like this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:04 am:

OSHA Un-Approved........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:05 am:

Here's one in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LMv_Y4axYw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

This one brought back some memories. If you have ever had to saw up a saw log in splitting sizes with a Buck Saw, you would appreciate this modern convenience. I had to cut and split wood for the cook stove and the fireplace by hand, every day. It is a wonder we didn't get hurt, but I was so glad to see this marvel show up on the place. We powered it with a Farmall 19 and a belt. I had this saw until recently, and gave it away, it would ring for hours it seemed it you hit it with something, good steel.

saw

saw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

Robert Frost - "Out Out"
-" the saw, as if to prove that saws knew what supper meant, "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

In the late fifties, I lived in a small town of about ninety people or so in N.W. MO. Our next door neighbor had one of those powered by a Farmall tractor, probably a "Regular". Everybody called them a buzz saw. He would cut firewood in the alley behind us once in awhile. I can still remember the ZINGGGG the blade made as it went through the wood. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

Several things i do not understand.I see the girl running the table but why are there two boys throwing away?I dave done a little buzzing with a jd a,H international,two F-20's,and a 200 International but a 19?? The mounted saw's on the H and the 200 saved a lot of work as you pulled ahead as the pile went back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bud in Wheeler.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration